Scarred not Scared

How To Be A Midlife Dad Without Going Postal: A Manual

Monday, January 30, 2006

Family Guy's Peanutbutter Jelly Time

So, Megan and I love watching Adult Swim, and a few weeks ago, we saw a new episode in which Brian the Dog does The Dance. We thought it was hysterical and forgot about it. Now, please understand that I'm one of the those geeks who jumps to the keyboard when a reference or conversation or idea surfaces on my brow--dunh, duh duh duhn duh duuuuuuh--Super Googler. I love the culture of answers at my fingertips when ever I like. Well, I sure missed this one, cuz I just discovered that the Peanutbutter Jelly Time dance is OLD, in internet years. Like, ANCIENT! Here's the link: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/banana.php to what appears to be the original. For Seth McFarlane to have worked it into a Family Guy episode means it has to be at least 18 months old. Not because they are that behind the curve, but rather because it most likely had already come and gone from the pass-it-around-to-everyone-you-know moment in internet time. Can't believe I missed it, but then I also (thankfully!) missed the Hamster Dance.

3 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Me said...

Why do you keep calling yourself a geek? I don't even think that word has any meaning anymore! What we once refered to as a geek is now ahead of every technical trend, thusly the tables have turned.

 
At 5:23 AM, Blogger Me said...

Why don't you update your blog today?

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger J1 and J2 said...

Saw your post(s) on Lifehacker. My heart goes out to you and your family. I'm not an invited poster, so I'm contacting you here~~THERE's a hack forya! If you haven't already, do check the American Cancer Society's website. They do a phenomenal number of voluntary/godsendy things for the families of cancer patients--maybe you'll be inspired to give some time in your state in the spirit of helping five states away. Peace be with you--and let us all know how your "Sanity Kit" (bloody brilliant) ends up! Been there, lost that, so much more grown-up for it. J2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home